How to Copy a Computer Folder to Google Drive
- Go to your Google Drive
- Click NEW - Folder Upload
- Find YOUR Computer Account Name and Click on it. This is the name you use to log into the computer. Usually your name,but it could be generic, like Student Aid.
- Click on the Folder (Document, Desktop, Download) that you want uploaded into your google drive.
- Click OK
- Repeat for any other folders.
- If you already have a folder with the same name, you will get a pop up window asking you to "Keep Separate" or "Update Existing".
I would pick Update unless you want a "copy" of what you already have.
- Repeat this process a few times a week or month to keep your backup folders on Google Drive current with your Computer folders.
- Now you can access those folders from any device that you log into your Google Account with.
- The upload process can take a very long time if you have tons of files. - Like Don!
Here is a short video to show you how.